March break is just around the corner. In just a few days we’ll be waking up Monday morning and not rushing the kids out the door. Instead, they’ll be sleeping in and whining in unison…”I’m bored”.
Us… we’re a go with the flow family… but we do plan some of it out of necessity. Since Corey and I still must work all week, flying by the seat of our pants just isn’t ideal. So, we need to make sure child care is arranged for our youngest one. William is only 7 and even though his older brother can keep himself out of trouble while we’re at work, he’s not quite ready to be the responsible babysitter his younger brother needs.
So, on our work days, William will be headed to March Break camp through our local village commission. On our days, off (we’re not Monday to Friday) he will get to stay home with us, and relax.
So, for those days when my kids are home with me, I hope to keep them busy. Let me share with you my five tips to help give you the power to avoid #MarchBreakMeltdowns.
- Dig out some toys that they have forgotten about, clean them up and put new batteries in them. Sometimes getting an old toy is just as exciting as getting a new toy. Pick up some Duracell batteries to have on hand, they’ll likely come in handy. Duracell, your last line of defense in a world of toddler meltdowns #TrustIsPower
- Build a to-do chart with a tangible goal at the end. Learning good work ethic is important. Do they have an “I want” list? Make one of those wants their reward for doing a few hours of hard work.
- Have a screen free day (I know, I know) Screen free is hard. I find it incredibly hard. But plan a day out of the house, away from those triggers that cause us to go back to a screen. Go skiing, or snowboarding. Hiking or even a walk. Go out to dinner, or cook all day with the kids.
- Give them a camera, and see what the world looks like through their eyes. Something like the Fujifilm Instax 300, can help them find their creative side.
- Pick up some new board games. They great for family time! Try the new TROLLS OPERATION, TOILET TROUBLE, or DESPICABLE ME 3 OPERATION currently available at Walmart. They’re sure to help you make some fun memories this March Break.
Enter to Win!
This week we’ve collaborated with Duracell to bring you a fun contest! In the comment section below, tell me your best “I’m Bored” deterrent that you’ll be employing this coming March Break.
Up for grabs is a $50 Walmart gift card and a selection of Duracell Batteries
Rules & Regulation: This contest is open to residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province. Skill testing question is required. Odds of winning depend on the amount of entries received. Potential Winner will be selected at random and contacted via email. Potential winner will have 48 hours to respond to the winning email. Failure to respond to the email will result in a new winner being selected. Contest closes March 16th, at 11:59pm EST, 2017.