I Resolve To Relax, Grow… and Watch Netflix #StreamTeam #NewYearNewView

I have been noted to say.

“I don’t watch TV… I don’t have time.”

To be completely honest – I don’t.  But there is a certain feeling one gets when they put work on the back burner long enough to enjoy a great movie, or binge watch their favourite show.  Lately – I’ve been doing just that.  I pick up my knitting ( no, it’s not just for old people) and I grab my iPad, and I curl up next to the fire place.  Usually it’s The Good Wife I’m watching… but as of late, I’ve fallen in love with Mindy.

What are you watching on Netflix?

I have a short list of movies I want to dive into, but I’m not just looking for any old movie.  I want movies that come with all the feels.  The ones that make you think…the stories that change your mind.

Planet

This year I’ve made a lot of promises to myself and I don’t plan on letting myself down. I’m going to work harder on me – educate myself. Read more books and watch more documentaries. Aside from growing my own knowledge, I am looking for motivational movies, and inspirational ones too…  So in my stolen down time, you’ll find me (when I’m not watching Mindy) watching movies like Planet Earth and Mission Blue.

Mission Blue

Why do I want to watch these films?

Because adulting is hard.  And I get tired.  Like every other mom out there I have a lot of things on my to-do list.  I have bills to pay, deadlines, housework…and it’s exhausting.  But it’s not life changing. I certainly don’t live a hard life – in all actuality, I’ve been dealt a pretty decent hand up to this point (knock on wood) and I every once in a while I need to remember perspective. I need to remember that there is a big world out there and I’m just a small part of it.  And that maybe I should contribute a bit more to the big picture instead of focusing just on my little slice of it.

0 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 StumbleUpon 0 0 Flares ×

Comments

Netflix is great! I would like to watch Planet Earth, didn’t realize it was on Netflix.

2. I’ll be looking for these tonight!

3. I love to relax with netflix too when adulting gets hard!

I LOVE Netflix!! Seriously I had no idea we had it all along up until about 2 months ago. I had always heard of Netflix but had no interest in it and now i am like what the heck have i been doing all this time!! Netflix is the best. always great movies and shows to watch. right now trying to get through the Making a Murderer documentary

5. I have just started watching Heartland.

6. Rosanne Robinson says:

We don’t have Netflix, but I’ve heard great reports on it!

7. Lynda Cook says:

I like watching the documentaries on Netflix

8. We just go Netflix in the new year so I am just discovering all it has!! My list to watch keeps growing so many great shows :)

9. We just signed up to Netflix and really love the assortment. I’m ditching satellite completely.

10. Haroon Khan says:

Netflix is great for watching good documentaries.

11. ivy pluchinsky says:

Netflix is a great streaming device, and i love watching documentaries on it

12. I’ve recently subscribed to Netflix and I confess my addiction. There is so much to watch.

13. My whole family always seems to be able to find something enjoyable on Netflix.

14. Rhonda W G. says:

Still not using Netflix…Soon maybe?! My Aunt tells me I’d like it…

15. ivy pluchinsky says:

I love watching netflix before bed! My fave right now is the killing

16. The highlight of my day is after I’ve put the kids to bed, having that “me” time, snuggling up in a blanket & watching “Scandal” on Netflix! So addicting!

0 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 StumbleUpon 0 0 Flares ×