A Dishcloth a Day #Knitting

I love my knitting.  Honestly… there is nothing that makes me feel more relaxed then sitting down with my needles and knitting up a dishcloth.  I don’t have to think about it…it’s not hard work.  It’s brainless entertainment to keep my hands busy while I try and slow down my brain after a busy day.  Knitting means a lot to me.

I’ve given myself a challenge, just a small one. But a challenge non the less.

I have plans to go to my local market on Wednesdays and get a table, bringing with me my knit wares.  Now, I wont be bringing larger projects…you just can’t get your money out of them.  But mittens and dishcloths, hats and headbands will fill my table and I’m certain that the people of my community will love them just as much as I do.

BUT

To have enough product to fill a table, I must knit.  A lot.

Knitting takes time as I’m not the fastest purler out there.

So that challenge I made to myself… Knit a dishcloth a day, a pair of mittens a week.  That way come autumn, when it’s time to head to market I’ll have enough wares to share.

My Dishies are 3/$10 and are 100% cotton.

dishies

The pattern I am knitting currently is Noni’s Favorite Dishcloth and it’s super easy.  If you’re a beginner knitter, or seasoned, it’s quick and satisfying!

1 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 1 StumbleUpon 0 1 Flares ×

Comments

1. Florence C says:

I have knit a few of the dishcloths. I have a ton of them that my mom knit. Thank god she is into knitting socks again. Keeps her busy.

Very cute pattern! I clicked on the link for Noni’s Favorite Dishcloth but I can only find a picture not the pattern?

3. Way to go! I have always wanted to knit – but Im a little clueless :(

4. I have not knitted in years but these look like a good project to start me off again!

what an awesome idea!! my girlfriend starting knitting a couple months ago and has went from head bands to baby sandals. I should get into this! love the dish cloths! beautiful colors

6. Heidi c. says:

My mom also knits her own “dishies”. They work really well.

7. Theresa C. says:

Thanks for this post – now I have fingers itching to knit again! ;)

8. I, too, have knitted up Noni’s Favorite Dishcloth (pattern by Joan Laws, of lawsofknitting.com). I agree with you, the pattern is easy. Her patterns are always well written and easy to follow. If you should ever have a question, she is very helpful.

9. Laurie P says:

My sister is making me a pile of dish/wash clothes….I love using them :)

I just finished making the Noni’s Favorite Dishcloth after seeing the link for it here and it turned out well! Think I might just make another one :)

I used to love knitting but then my arthritis came out of remission so I can’t do it anymore! I hope you are still knitting!

1 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 1 StumbleUpon 0 1 Flares ×