Pink Lemonade Baby Hat – Free Knitting Pattern

Some of you may have seen the wool that I dyed last week.  It was a super fun project, but just dying the wool was only half of it!  I had to turn that wool into something, didn’t I?  So I introduce you to the Pink Lemonade Baby Hat design that I came up with.  Below you will find the pattern, but you may also download the PDF if you would like a printable version.

baby hat 2

Pink Lemonade Baby Hat Free Knitting Pattern – Size 3 months.

Supplies

US size 5 or 3.75mm dpns or circs (9”)

50 grams worsted weight yarn (I used Patons Classic Wool) + wool for pompom

Darning needle for weaving in ends

Scissors

Pompom maker

Skills Required / Stitches

Stockinette (straight knitting in the round)

Rib stitch (k1, P1)

K2tog (knit 2 together)

Using the long tail cast on (or your favorite stretchy cast on) cast on 81 stitches.

Row 1 (K1, P1) 40 times (this will leave one stitch left) Knit the last stitch on the needle together with the first stitch of the second round to join your knitting in the round. Be sure not to twist your stitches.

Row 2 through 12 continue with the K1,P1 rib stitch.  If you would like the brim of your hat to fold up, add more length here. (80 stitches)

Row 13 through 25 Knit every row.

Begin decreases:

Row 26 (k2tog, k9) 8 times (72 stitches)

Row 27 knit

Row 28 (k2tog, k8) 8 times (64 stitches)

Row 29 knit

Row 30 (k2tog, k7) 8 times (56 stitches)

Row 31 knit

Row 32 (k2tog, k6) 8 times (48 stitches)

Row 33 knit

Row 34 (k2tog, k5) 8 times (40 stitches)

Row 35 knit

Row 36 (k2tog, k4) 8 times (32 stitches)

Row 37 knit

Row 38 (k2tog, k3) 8 times (24 stitches)

Row 39 knit

Row 40 (k2tog, k2) 8 times (16 stitches)

Row 41 knit

Row 42 (k2tog, k1) 8 times (8 stitches)

Thread the working yarn through the live stiches and pull tight.

PomPom

Using the large clover pompom maker create a full pompom and attach it to the top of the hat.

If you used natural fibers, be sure to block your hat for a more professional look.

Copyright Jennifer Banks

64 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 4 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 23 StumbleUpon 37 64 Flares ×

Comments

1. This is so cute! Love the pretty colours!

2. kathy downey says:

I love it,awesome colors thanks for the pattern

omg i love these colors! reminds me so much of the spring and summer! i am going to pass this on to my bestie. she loves knit/crochet

4. How adorable…I can only crotchet!

5. I am not a knitter BUT I love the look of your hat and it’s so clever that you dyed the yarn. Very pretty shades here. My oldest girl loves to knit. I hope she works up to this level.

6. I have no clue how to knit, never have but I do love the hat and my newest granddaughter would look so cute in it!!!

7. that’s really cute

8. That’s a really cute little hat. I knit a lot of toques and give them to the food bank. They give them as Christmas presents to the children.

9. kathy downey says:

My Mom is making this right now

10. Kathleen B says:

I love the colors in the hat. If I was better at knitting I would make this for my daughter

11. This is such a pretty pattern! I love the colour combinations as well.

12. SO cute!

13. How cute! My sister just took up knitting, maybe I can talk her into making a couple for a relative who’s expecting twins!

Very pretty hat, thanks for the pattern! Love the colours!

15. kathy downey says:

I just love the colours in this hat

16. My great aunt does a TON of knitting, she donates boxes of hats, scarves & mittens to local charities in need like the homeless shelter. She does not make hats with pom poms though so I will pass this along to her & see if she’d be interested in doing something like this for kids.

17. This is gorgeous! Love the delicious colors. Pinned to my “When I Learn to Knit” board.
    Would love if you shared this at our Yarn Fanatic Link Party – http://eyeloveknots.blogspot.com/2015/02/yarn-fanatic-linky-party-25-buttons-and.html.

That yarn is beautiful!