Last Minute Chicken Balls with Kraft Shake n’Bake #WhatsCooking

So.  It’s 4:30 pm and I forgot to take out something for dinner…again.  I swear at times I can be THE MOST SCATTERBRAINED Momma on the planet.  I know that I need to feed my family, and one would think after 10 years of parenting I would have this whole dinner thing down pat by now.

But alas.

I still have days where I slip up.

That was the case one day last week.  All of us were home, but no one thought about dinner.  I was teetering on the brink of calling for take out…but I was strong… NO!  No take out!  I will put dinner on the table and it will be delicious!

And I did just that!

It was super simple.

I grabbed some chicken breast, and some Shake n’Bake.  Pulled out my deep fryer and started heating it up.  I mean, frozen chicken in the oven would take FOREVER!  And my family was already wondering where dinner was.

So, while still frozen, I cubed the chicken breast and set it aside.  I pulled open my box of Shake n’Bake and poured the contents of the pouch into the bag.  When my deep fryer was good and hot I began breading the chicken chunks.

WP_20150201_17_03_23_Pro

shakenbake

Since my deep fryer isn’t huge, I did about 10-12 chicken balls at a time.  I cooked them for four minutes, than removed them from the hot oil and placed them on a paper towel covered plate, to soak up any excess oil.

When I was done pre-cooking all of the chicken balls, I put them all in the deep fryer for one final round…but just for about 90 seconds.

Then I put them in a serving dish, with my favorite dipping sauce.

shakenbake3

Serve with asian style noodles and/or rice. and a veggie stir fry and you’ve got home cooked chinese food!  Serve them alone with dip as delicious appetizers!

shakenbake4

Disclaimer: I am a part of the Kraft What’s Cooking influencers program.  All opinions are my own

36 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 1 Google+ 2 Pin It Share 28 StumbleUpon 5 36 Flares ×

Comments

omg that looks delicious and what an awesome idea!! i always use shake n bake but do it with drumsticks or thighs. I love this idea tho

2. Debbie Little says:

This great idea just solved my decision on what to make for supper tonight. I have everything I need and everyone should be quite happy later!

3. Jodi Mitrovic says:

Wow! What a great dinner idea or alone as an appetizer. I’m going to have to try this one out on my own.

4. Stacy Scott says:

Omgosh !!!! Genius =) I am going to defiantly have to try this, I am sure 1 out of the 10 Children will Love this if not all of them! Thanks so much for sharing =) Who would have ever though???? That’s right YOU!!!! =) Thank you again
    Sincerely
    Stacy

5. Amy Lovell says:

Thanks sounds really quick and easy and delicious! And its something I know my DD will eat

6. Cherie Varrin says:

Im going to try this with my kids. hes a picky eater but he would love these.

7. Love fast & easy thanks for the idea

8. Holly Wright says:

These look great we love chicken balls thanks for the recipe!

9. kathy downey says:

This looks so delicious…this is making me so hungry right now

10. kathy downey says:

What a great dinner idea

11. kathy downey says:

I am so glad I found this its delicious

12. This is awesome for a game-time snack (or you know, nighttime snack that I could use right now haha). Another reason to move a deep-fryer up on the priority to-buy list. Ahh yeah – They look delicious! Thank you for the suggestion.

13. kathy downey says:

We had this for dinner last night,hubby done the potato also delicious

14. Joanne Saunders says:

That’s the kind of recipe I like. Simple and delicious. What more can one ask for?

15. Looks good and I wouldn’t have thought you could do it from frozen.

16. Oh these look tasty! And the kiddos would love them! hmmmm, possible dinner tonight!

17. Lynda Cook says:

This is easy, now all I need is to keep some ShakeNBake in the house!

18. i love chicken balls! just add some good sweet ‘n sour sauce for dipping

Yum! My family would gobble these up! Thanks for the idea!

20. Those look really good.

21. Heidi c. says:

These would go over big with my kids. Thanks for sharing!

22. SueSueper says:

I haven’t had chicken balls in such a long time. Should try this.

These would be loved by my family!

24. Lynda Cook says:

Love this for when my granddaughter spends the night, something simple and easy, and the best part she loves them!!

25. loucheryl says:

So easy and something my boys would LOVE!

26. Treen Goodwin says:

ohhhhh yummy looks and sounds delish ,, i would never have thought of this , this is a great idea and something different , i do this with ribs cut them in between the bones (tavern Ribs ) are the best … put them in shake and bake and bake till done they are so delish as well , thanks for sharing , i will def be making these

27. Elizabeth Matthiesen says:

sounds like I might have to get some shake and bake to make these. Love the fact that they’re done from frozen, so a quick meal when needed. Thanks for sharing :-)

28. I never thought of making chicken this way – I love it, and I just imagine how great it tastes – I want to try it!

29. This is such a great idea. I always make chicken legs with Shake n Bake for my boys. I want to try this for them now.

30. Julie Wood says:

I love your Last minute Chicken Balls and think it is so easy to make and I am sometimes at the last minute wondering what I am going to make. I will try making these!!

31. These sound easy and yummy – perfect for a weeknight kid-friendly meal!