Today is not only Family Day here in Nova Scotia, it’s also National Almond Day! One of my very favorite healthy snacks! And in celebration of such a delicious day, I wanted to share with you this recipe featuring Almond Breeze!
- 3 cups (750 mL) of old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup ( 125 mL) almond flour
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) sorghum flour or whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) oat bran
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) roasted, chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped, dried cranberries
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) agave nectar
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) natural almond butter, stirred well before measuring
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Almond Breeze® Original
- 2 tsp (10 mL) pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C). Lightly coat a 13” x 9” (3L) baking pan with olive oil cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, flours, bran, flaxseed, almonds, blueberries, cranberries, and salt. Stir to combine well. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, warm the agave nectar, almond butter, and almond beverage over low heat until well blended. Do not boil. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Add the warm butter mixture to the dry ingredients and quickly stir the mixture until it is well combined. Pat into the prepared pan. Press firmly with your hands to remove any air pockets.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until light golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes, and then cut into 32 bars. When just cool enough to handle, remove bars from the pan to a cooling rack. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator for optimal freshness. Yield: 32 Servings
To learn more about Almond Breeze, be sure to check them out on Facebook!
PER SERVING: 125 cal, 5 g fat (0.5 sat. fat), 17 g carb, 5 g pro, 3 g fibre, 0 mg chol, 40 mg sodium. % RDI: 31 mg calcium, 142 mg potassium, 53 mg magnesium, 3.4 mg vit E, 6% iron.