Pumpkin Cookies & Thanksgiving

With summer quickly disappearing in our rear-view mirror and fall coming at us at highway speeds, there are a few things we need to remember. Granted, we all love summer for it’s sunshine and lazy days. And lets not forget the BBQ in all it’s glory. But for me, leaves changing color and eventually coating my lawn (in unending piles) means special times are on their way. Because with fall comes the start of family feasting season. You know, when every member of your family comes together for meals of epic size, shape and variety. And although I am an outspoken proponent for coming up with new and exciting dishes, at this time of year I try not to stray too far from the time tested classics.

Which brings us to Thanksgiving ! Between this and Christmas, these are the two biggest deals of our family’s culinary year. And with all the shopping headaches that go along with the latter, I am more than thankful that Thanksgiving is an opportunity to have some great food with great family and friends (without it costing an arm and a leg).

Of course, when we think Thanksgiving, turkey is probably the first thing on our list. Root vegetables follow closely behind. Carrots, potatoes, squash, you name it. And what Thanksgiving meal would be complete without a pumpkin pie for dessert ? Well, this year it may just be mine ! Don’t get me wrong. Pumpkin pie deserves every bit of mouth watering it gets. And nothing says harvest season to me like the sight of a pumpkin waiting to be eaten or carved. So this year when I started thinking about dessert I thought, lets keep the pumpkin, but does it have to be in a pie ? So I hopped on the computer, and crossed my fingers that the internet had something for me.

And sure enough, I didn’t have to look far. As soon as I saw the name Kraft in my search results, my finger was already clicking the link ! And if Pumpkin recipes are what your looking for, my advice would be to check these out. Pumpkin cakes, pumpkin cheesecakes, layered desserts, and trust me that’s just the beginning. I chose to go with pumpkin cookies. And why not, cookies are as easy as pie ! They are simple, fast, and a nice change of dessert while still giving the pumpkin its rightful place on the Thanksgiving table.

pumpkin cookies 1

So go ahead and check out some of the ideas that this site has to offer. Your tastebuds, and your family will thank you. And being thankful is what Thanksgiving is all about !

3 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 1 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 2 StumbleUpon 0 3 Flares ×

Comments

I love this time of year too! I’m not a huge fan of pumpkin but the majority of my family is. I’m going recipe hunting later!

Thanks

2. I love pumpkin but I have never tried pumpkin cookies, I imagine they are good though!!

3. We have a virtual pumpkin patch in our garden this year so I am definitely going to be making a lot of pumpkin treats, including cookies, this fall. Thanks for sharing!

4. We always get pumpkin fever in the fall! We had our first pumpkin spice lattes the other day! So happy for more pumpkin treats!

5. Karen Glatt says:

I will be making the Pumpkin Cookies for Thanksgiving.and I make them every year. I love this time of the year where I make Pumpkin Pies and Apple Pies. Yummy!

I make pumpkin loaf and pumpkin cookies quite often around Thanksgiving! Mini pumpkin tarts are also a nice modification!

7. I have never tried pumpkin cookies, but I am wanting to try. I love Pumpkin

8. SueSueper says:

mmmm they look good. My sister made and brought some pumkin cookies here last weekend. :-)

9. I love pumpkin but never tried pumpkin cookies

10. I love anything pumpkin and if you add chocolate like in the cookies it just is even better. I am going to try the Pumpkin Pie Bars.

11. Pumpkin cheesecake sounds good too! I’m not sure my family would agree, they just carve them at Halloween and don’t see the potential for yummy food.

12. I love pumpkin! I recently made pumpkin snickerdoodles and they were very yummy! Pumpkin Pie will be on the agenda for next weekend!

13. If it’s pumpkin (pie, cookies, sweetbread you name it) I love it!

14. Lorraine Wiebe says:

Oh, I love this time of year because there are pumpkins available to make homemade pie

15. Jason Farries says:

I love pumpkin anything. I eat it in some form or other all year long.

16. I love pumpkin! I’ve never had pumpkin cookies, but they sound delicious!

17. alexanernberg says:

Pumpkin cookies sound good to me, especially at this time of the year.

18. I love Baked Pumpkin Seeds….

19. Darlene W says:

Mmm, looks so good, what a great thanksgiving cookie

20. I love pumpkin and have made muffins and bread but the thought of making cookies using pumpkin never crossed my mind. Thanx for the great idea!!

21. This looks delish! Can’t wait to bake tonight!!

22. We are all huge pumpkin fans here. Sometimes I just buy the canned pumpkin, sprinkle nutmeg on it and eat it! It’s so good for you and delicious.

23. What a great pumpkin idea for those of us not overloaded with pumpkin this season already!

24. Mmm, looks good!!

25. Those look better than I the recipe I tried.

26. kathy downey says:

We love Pumpkin cookies all year round

27. Amy Lovell says:

These sound delicious! Cannot wait to make them

28. I have never tried pumpkin cookies but I have tired pumpkin muffins. I have to try these.

3 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 1 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 2 StumbleUpon 0 3 Flares ×