The Perfect Ham & Pasta Salad {Recipe}

There isn’t a meal out there they my boys enjoy more than a ham dinner.  Delicious slices of ham fried up, mashed potatoes and lots of in season veggies on the side.  A hearty meal for any time of the year.  ( And super simple to make!)  But every once in a while I cook too much food, and am left with a few leftovers…(ok, I cook too much food everytime!) So sometimes a little creativity is needed to use up those left over foods.

ham

And now it’s BBQ Season! Along side those juicy BBQ’d Top Dogs, you MUST  have a fabulous salad!  Since I’ve been on a bit of a salad kick lately, I thought I would share with you how I used up the single slice of leftover ham we had from dinner last night.  Pasta salad has been one of my staple foods this spring, it’s kind of my new favorite meal.   It is perfect for picnics and family get togethers.  It travels well and makes the perfect side dish at the family BBQ!

What You Need:

• NATURALSELECTIONS™ Naturally  Smoked Ham  Fried and cubed.
  • 450g Rotini Noodles boiled, drained, rinsed and cooled.
  • baby spinach
  • Cucumber, tomato & mushrooms – all chopped into bite size pieces.
  • 3 tbsp Mayo
  • 3 tbsp cucumber dill salad dressing
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • Cheese, cubed.

What to do:

In a large bowl, combine your rotini noodles, mayo and cucmber dill dressing.  Mix well.  Add spinach, cucumber, tomato and mushrooms and gently toss.  Top with cooked, cubed NATURALSELECTIONS™ Naturally  Smoked Ham and cubes of cheese, add salt and pepper to taste.  Chill overnight to allow flavors to mix.  Enjoy!

ham salad

When it comes to dinner time, Maple Leaf always has my back!  Be sure to check out Maple Leaf on Facebook and Twitter.  They often have coupons available and fantastic recipes to share!

5 Flares Twitter 4 Facebook 1 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 StumbleUpon 0 5 Flares ×

Comments

1. Darlene Schuller says:

Oh this looks soo goood!! Thank you for sharing what a perfect summer salad!

2. My gang loooovvveee ham. I think they will really like this salad!

3. mrdisco1 says:

Yum!!

4. Marti Tabora says:

This is a really great summer recipe. Thanks.

5. Looks good! A great pasta salad with ham. Will have to prepare it.
    Cheers.

6. Amy Lovell says:

yum sounds delicious thanks

7. I always say ‘need to make this’, and I never do. Im determined to make this salad since I always seem to have left over ham that gets tossed out.

8. My kids LOVE ham, too!! Pinned!

My parents used to make this all the time when we were kids! Sounds delicious!

10. Yummy dish!

11. Chandra Christine O'Connor says:

I make a similar one with Italian dressing, I jazz it up using the coloured pasta

12. mrdisco1 says:

just add a nice wine

13. Judy C (Judy Cowan) says:

Looks good, love these type of salads in the summer! Will have to try this one out!

14. mrdisco1 says:

i love Top Dogs!

15. love easy salads like this and a great way to use up the leftovers, yummy!!

16. Jeff skidmore says:

Looks delicious, will try this very soon!

17. I have never tried ham in a salad. I will have to try this recipe!

18. My son loves pasta salad and ham, so I will have to give this recipe a try. I have never even thought of adding ham to a pasta salad before.

19. Looks easy to make, thanks!

20. I have never tried a ham pasta salad, but I have had other pasta salads. My favorite is greek pasta salad. I enjoy pasta salads more in the summer. Great at BBQ’s.

21. Elizabeth Matthiesen says:

a great ham & pasta salad, I’m all for salads in summer – in fact anything that doesn’t involve cooking and adding more heat to the home :-)

22. Pasta is my comfort food and this salad looks good to me, you could throw in the microwave for a couple of minutes and it would be perfect for a cooler day

23. I need to make this

24. kathy downey says:

Thank you for sharing your salad looks delicious

25. kathy downey says:

And just wanted to drop back and say this was delicious

5 Flares Twitter 4 Facebook 1 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 StumbleUpon 0 5 Flares ×