In the summertime, sandwiches are my go to meal. Breakfast, lunch or dinner, my families hunger can be completely satisfied when filled with a well-built sandwich. The perks, they’re quick and easy…little to no mess, and they don’t heat up my kitchen. Nary a dish gets dirty when I am building a great sandwich.
My favorite sandwiches are made with fresh garden veggies…espeically veggies grown in my own garden! My kids and husband…well, they’re all about the meat. Lots and lots of meat, with a little Miracle Whip,and a pickle. But since my kids and hubby aren’t home (house to myself!!) I’m making a sandwich perfect for me!
et voila! This may just be my favorite sandwich of all time.
So here is how I build the best #DIYSandwich filled with delicious summer veggies. Take notes, because at the end of this post, I’m going to pass the butter knife of to you.
- Start with a great base – I used Dempsters Whole Grain Quinoa Bread.
- Lubricate – Miracle Whip is perfect for this. An even layer on both slices of bread.
- Protein – I used leftover Maple Leaf Prime Chicken…I think you should too.
- Freshness – Sliced Tomato, Sliced Cucumber, Lettuce from the garden and a little baby spinach
- Seasoning – Salt & Pepper to taste.
That’s it. Easy. Mouthwatering-Deliciousness on a plate.
Now I pass on to you…go, pick up your fresh garden veggies and build your own amazing #DIYSandwich. When built, tweet out a picture to @DIYSandwich or share it on Instagram with @DIYSandwich with the hashtag #DIYSandwich (see a connection here)…Why? well, you could win $500! Check it out —> DIYSandwich.ca.