There is nothing I like better than a summertime BBQ. Friends coming over to enjoy the nice weather, and fabulous food. On the BBQ, Burgers and hotdogs, chicken breast. Even some grilled onions and mushrooms. If we’re feeling adventerous, we may even pop a few stuffed peppers on the grill. The food at these get togethers is amazing. Everyone brings a little something. Potato salad, garden salad, and pasta salads. More toppings for burgers than one can imagine. Tomatoes, pickles, lettuce, onion, hot peppers, different cheese and so much more. Every year there is a contest on who can build the tallest burger!
Whether I’m hosting or attending a BBQ, I usually come with a huge bowl of salad. Sometimes its potato salad, other times, pasta salad. But I never, ever show up empty handed… (I guess it’s because I usually come with four mouths to feed…two of which have growing-boy-hollow-leg syndrom). And since I’ve shared my potato salad recipe in the past, I think it’s time so share my favorite pasta salad recipe!
The Perfect Pasta Salad
- Rotini Pasta (500g dry)- Cooked, rinsed and cooled.
- 3/4 Cup Kraft Miracle Whip
- 2/3 Cup Kraft Greek Vinegarette
- 1/3 Cup Red Onion (diced)
- 2/3 Cup Green Peppers (Sliced)
- 2/3 Cup Mushroom (sliced or diced)
- 2/3 Cup Cucumber (diced)
- 2/3 Cup Tomato (diced)
- 1/3 Cup Shredded Carrot
- 1/3 Cup Shredded Red Cabbage
- 1/3 Cup Olives (sliced)
- 2/3 Cup Kraft Feta Cheese
- 2 tbsp Shredded Parmesan
- In a bowl mix together Miracle Whip, Greek Vinegarette, and Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl mix together chopped/diced vegatables and prepared pasta.
- Mix dressing mixture with Pasta/Vegetable mixture and chill.
The salad will keep for about three days in the fridge, so it is perfect to have on hand for quick meals and simple side dishes in the summer time.
Disclaimer: I am a part of the Kraft What’s Cooking influencers program. All opinions are my own.