The Perfect Pasta Salad #WhatsCooking

There is nothing I like better than a summertime BBQ.  Friends coming over to enjoy the nice weather, and fabulous food.  On the BBQ, Burgers and hotdogs, chicken breast.  Even some grilled onions and mushrooms.  If we’re feeling adventerous, we may even pop a few stuffed peppers on the grill.  The food at these get togethers is amazing.  Everyone brings a little something.  Potato salad, garden salad, and pasta salads.  More toppings for burgers than one can imagine.  Tomatoes, pickles, lettuce, onion, hot peppers, different cheese and so much more.  Every year there is a contest on who can build the tallest burger!

Whether I’m hosting or attending a BBQ, I usually come with a huge bowl of salad.  Sometimes its potato salad, other times, pasta salad.  But I never, ever show up empty handed… (I guess it’s because I usually come with four mouths to feed…two of which have growing-boy-hollow-leg syndrom).  And since I’ve shared my potato salad recipe in the past, I think it’s time so share my favorite pasta salad recipe!pasta salad

The Perfect Pasta Salad

• Rotini Pasta (500g dry)- Cooked, rinsed and cooled.
  • 3/4 Cup Kraft Miracle Whip
  • 2/3 Cup Kraft Greek Vinegarette
  • 1/3 Cup Red Onion (diced)
  • 2/3 Cup Green Peppers (Sliced)
  • 2/3 Cup Mushroom (sliced or diced)
  • 2/3 Cup Cucumber (diced)
  • 2/3 Cup Tomato (diced)
  • 1/3 Cup Shredded Carrot
  • 1/3 Cup Shredded Red Cabbage
  • 1/3 Cup Olives (sliced)
  • 2/3 Cup Kraft Feta Cheese
  • 2 tbsp Shredded Parmesan
  1. In a bowl mix together Miracle Whip, Greek Vinegarette, and Parmesan cheese.  Set aside.
  2. In a large salad bowl mix together chopped/diced vegatables and prepared pasta.
  3. Mix dressing mixture with Pasta/Vegetable mixture and chill.

The salad will keep for about three days in the fridge, so it is perfect to have on hand for quick meals and simple side dishes in the summer time.

Disclaimer: I am a part of the Kraft What’s Cooking influencers program.  All opinions are my own.

6 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 6 StumbleUpon 0 6 Flares ×

Comments

This sounds like the perfect BBQ side and it looks great! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

2. I love the Mediterranean feel of this recipe. Sounds so summer-fresh!

3. This looks delicious! It would be a good way to get some more vegetables into our menu.

4. nomnombearinyvr says:

What a great looking salad. My son loves pasta salad, probably because he likes eating his pasta cold! I will be giving this recipe a try! Thanks!

5. looks yummy and filling

6. Judy C (Judy Cowan) says:

Love salads in the summer, they are the perfect side dish to all the bbq food! Will have to try this one out, thanks for the recipe!

This sounds like an awesome pasta salad! I love a good, cold pasta salad in the summertime! Thanks for the recipe

8. nice food shots too

9. I love a good pasta salad. This looks yummy!

10. Viv Sluys says:

This looks delicious. I love that it has mushrooms in it. I’m adding this recipe to my summer meals list!

11. Marti Tabora says:

I love pasta salad and this sounds great. The best part is that if someone in the family doesn’t like an ingredient then you can leave it out or replace it.

12. JaimeeM says:

We eat tonnes of pasta here in this house, thank you for the recipe

13. the pasta salad look divine will try thank you

14. This looks delicious! Great addition to any summer BBQ!

15. Doris Calvert says:

Yum! This looks so good and I love pasta salad…going to try this out for sure, thanks!

16. Interesting… putting such a Mediterranean spin on your pasta salad!

17. mrdisco1 says:

great for summer BBQs

18. Looks like a great recipe for a healthy lunch/dinner!

19. Darlene Schuller says:

Gee my mouth waters just looking at this. I pinned it!! Thank you so much I ADORE salads of any kind!

20. mrdisco1 says:

can also mix it up and use whole grain pasta or spinach pasta

21. Yummmm I would use a gluten free pasta :)

22. We also love pasta salad, this one is different that my usual, I’m definitely going to make it, perhaps this weekend.

23. This looks delicious, I will have to try it. I love pasta salad, but I haven’t had it in years.

wow this looks so delicious! i must try this out. im always looking for different salads to do. this would be great!

25. Christy Martin says:

I am a big pasta salad fan, yet tend to get stumped when it comes to bringing something prepared to BBQ’s in the summer. This one is perfect and I can’t anyone not loving it – it’s a staple!

26. I love a nice pasta salad. this looks really good.

27. Amy Lovell says:

yum this looks delicious thanks

28. I was looking for a side dish to bring to a potluck over the holidays … I think I am going to borrow this! =D

29. Looks perfect to me

30. Great side dish. Makes me want to have a BBQ now.

31. loucheryl says:

I’ll have to make this for my family BBQ this year!

32. Laurie P says:

Love your recipe….never thought to use red cabbage in a pasta salad, and I LOVE red cabbage! Great addition to any bbq!

6 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 6 StumbleUpon 0 6 Flares ×