Peanut Butter Cookie Balls

It’s hard to believe Christmas is next week.  It is truly thrilling to see it coming up so fast.  But I am not ready.  No matter how much planning one does, when mother nature steps in there really isn’t much we can do.  This past week we’ve had three storm days…one of which is happening right now.  Storm days make it difficult to cross things off of my “must have done before Christmas Eve” list.  But, it has kept me in the kitchen.

I love being in the kitchen, and over the next few days that love is going to come in handy as I will be spending many, many hours in there.  We have a table of twelve coming for Christmas dinner, and we’ll eat promptly at two…to get that done requires a lot of planning, and luck.

When it comes to baking the sweets, I have to admit I’ve been slacking.  Putting it off and putting it off, instead of just getting it done.  As much as I love doing it, I am a procrastinator.  (One of my 2014 goals is to rid my self of my procrasticator ways, but that is a whole other blog post)

So over the next few days I’ll be getting all my baking done (I hope) and my focus will be on fast (but delicious) recipes!

But first I have to ask, did you know that cookie balls are a thing? I’ve heard of cake balls (though have never myself attempted them) but cookie balls?  As soon as I saw them I knew they would be the first thing we would be making for the holidays.

Peanut Butter Cookie Balls

Peanut Butter Cookie Balls

A very simple recipe, that takes little prep and even less clean up.  All you need for ingredients is Pirate Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies, a brick of Philadelphia Cream Cheese and Baker’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate.  See the full recipe here.

If you are like me, and pressed for time trying to get the sweets ready for Christmas, Peanut Butter Cookie Balls are a quick one…but fair warning, they are delicious!  Keep them hidden away or your guests will get them all!

Well, now I’m off to make another batch!  And check off a few more things from my to-do list, since shopping is out of the picture for today.  Warm and delicious Banana Bread is next up on the menu!

Disclaimer: I am a part of the Kraft What’s Cooking influencer program.  All opinions are my own.

27 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 5 Google+ 2 Pin It Share 11 StumbleUpon 9 27 Flares ×

Comments

1. My Mother in law makes these every year. She does them in white chocolate as well. So good!

2. I’ll have to share this with my daughter. She enjoys making desserts. :)

3. I have made oreo truffles – seemingly the same recipe but with oreo cookies instead of peanut butter! So easy, so delicious and always a hit when they are on the table

4. They sound delicious and only 3 ingredients:-) Thanks for the the recipe link

5. Wow, what a fantastic recipe when you are pinched for time! Thanks so much for sharing!

6. These look divine!!!

7. Judy C(Judy Cowan) says:

These sound great & I love all the ingredients so that is a win! Will have to keep these in mind for next Christmas – no more baking in this house for awhile!

8. These look really good. I’ll have to try them out :)

9. My mother in law makes these and they’re delicious. I might try them myself now! Thanks for the recipe.

10. Ok…so…I need these!

11. Lynda Cook says:

thesde are so easy to make, but for some unknown reason my daughter and I sure make a mess out of the kitchen making them lol

12. that looks yum!

13. Darlene Schuller says:

Oh dear, I have a horrible weakness for pb & chocolate. Thank you for sharing this & the recipe! I know what I’m going to do while we’re getting hammered with the snow storm this weekend.

14. Suzanne G says:

These cookies sound very sinful and delicious and what is not to like about them as they are so simple to make.

15. Sounds great – and I love how easy they are! I love Holly’s suggestion above of making them in white chocolate too.

16. Our family friend made these and brought them to Christmas dinner. Absolutely perfect treat after a big meal!

17. Ohh, I will have to make these! My friend always makes them as part of a cookie bundle during the holidays and I love them! I’m kinda scared to make them because I won’t be able to stop eating them haha.

18. That does look like a simple and absolutely delicious recipe. Peanut butter and chocolate are a favourite around our house.

19. Elizabeth Matthiesen says:

I’m afraid that I’m not a fan of peanut butter so I won’t be making these for me. However both my daughter-in-law and son-in-law are both huge fans so I’ll pass on the recipe to them :-)

20. My mother in law is the one who makes the sweets in our family – we always come away from a visit with a tin full – I shall have to pass this recipe on

21. Andrea B. says:

I love What’s Cooking magazine! Fast and easy recipes! This looks so awesome, wish I weren’t allergic to peanut butter. :(

22. Too bad my kids can’t eat peanut butter

23. jessica s says:

oh my, peanut butter, cream cheese and chocolate. my 3 favourite things! looks delicious!

24. Dawn Wiley-Rader says:

I love these…I also make them with chips ahoy cookies!

25. Oh wow! I love the idea :) I have a potluck this week and was looking for something quick to toss together – this is it! Thank you

26. we love these and they are always a huge hit!

27. These look so good!

28. wow super easy and yummy!! My kids would love these!

29. Miriam Wilton says:

I love making these around christmas. I find myself dreading finding out in 4 months when she turns one if my daughter is allergic to peanuts. I think i would cry.

30. Anna Johnson says:

MMMM!! We love peanut butter cookies and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies at our house. We have to try these!

31. Lori Bazan says:

Yum is all I can say and I will be making these with and for my son!

32. These look so tasty. I would love one right now!

OMG these are SO simple and they look so fancy! I’m definitely keeping this recipe in mind for the next time I have to bring treats for many people.

34. These look delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe I will also be sharing with my friends :)

35. Jennifer C aka JusticeSadie says:

Oh this is on my list to try! They look incredible!!!

36. holy moly those look awesome

37. 3 ingrediants, wow, that looks simple and delicious.

38. I make peanut butter balls every year and one day by accident we ended up putting in rice crisps… now we never miss doing that, it has become a huge favourite!

39. now they look really good.

40. Kelly O says:

Wow, super easy. I love those kind of recipes. Yummy and easy :)

41. JaimeeM says:

I definitely want to make these bad boys!

42. Cassey C says:

Looks yummy!

43. Amy Lovell says:

these remind me of rum balls! They look delicious!

I made these last weekend for a potluck we had and they went over great, no leftovers!

45. Monique L.S. says:

I love peanut butter anything, so these sound delicious!

46. those look really good