Twice Baked Potatoes with Bacon

My son Ben is a big Baked Potato eater. He loves them. A basic baked potatoes smothered in butter and grated cheese will make is day. Last week I made these twice baked potatoes and he couldn’t stop eating them! I love it when I find food my boys will eat.

twicebakedpotatoes2edit

Twice Baked Potatoes with Bacon!

Serves 6-8
Prep time 1 hour
Cook time 30 minutes
Total time 1 hour, 30 minutes
Allergy Milk
Dietary Gluten Free
Meal type Side Dish
Misc Child Friendly, Freezable, Pre-preparable, Serve Hot
The perfect way to spruce up the basic baked potato. You can easily substitute anything in the recipe to make them exactly how you want them!

Ingredients

• 3 cloves Garlic (Finely Chopped)
  • 1 Onion (Finely Chopped)
  • 1 Red Pepper (Finely Chopped)
  • 1 Yellow Pepper (Finely Chopped)
  • 7 Button Mushrooms (Finely Chopped)
  • 1/2 PKG Maple Leaf Portions Bacon (Chopped)
  • 8 Russet Potatoes (Baked, Cut in half lengthwise)
  • 1 cup Marble Cheese (Grated)
  • Salt & Pepper (To taste)

Note

Hint:  Bake 1 or 2 more potatoes than you want servings.  That way you can overfill the potatoes a bit.

Directions

Step 1
Bake your potatoes. To save time this can be done in the microwave, but oven is always best.
Step 2
While your potatoes are baking, head a medium saucepan to medium-high heat. Add bacon pieces and begin to brown.
Step 3
Drain off excess fat and add all your finely chopped veggies (garlic, onion, peppers, mushrooms) Saute until veggies are soft.
Step 4
Remove saucepan from heat, drain any excess water/fat...set aside.
Step 5
Prep Potatoes - Cut baked potatoes lengthwise and scoop out the center. Be sure to leave enough potato around the outer edge so the skin has strength. Reserve scooped out potatoes for filling.
empty potatoe shells
Step 6
Mix together the reserved potatoes with the prepared bacon/veggie mixture. Add a bit of milk and butter for a more creamy texture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Step 7
Using a scoop or spoon, fill in the potato shells with the prepared mixture. Top with grated cheese and bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese melts.
uncooked twice baked potatoes

15 Flares Twitter 8 Facebook 2 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 5 StumbleUpon 0 15 Flares ×

Comments

1. Doris Calvert says:

oh these look so tasty! Yum I will make these for sure a different recipe than mine, thanks!

These look delicious! I’ve never made twice baked potatoes before, and now I want to.

3. What a great recipe! It kind of reminds me of the potato skins at TGIFridays but with more potato ‘meat’ in it. Looks yum. Will be making this soon. I love nothing more than potato, cheese and BACON!

4. mmm, i make twice baked potatoes with whatever’s onhand but my secret is – cream cheese. try it! mmm, haven’t put in bacon for a while, will do!

5. I like the step by step easy to see and follow recipe. Thanks will treat my family to this

6. that looks amazing!

7. omg… yum!

8. Debbie Bashford says:

I am drooling they look delicious!!

Yum, I haven’t had a twice backed potato for so long! This looks and sounds delicious!

thanks

10. Nice recipe, I love baked potatoes too but my son does not like any potatoes at all. Looks delish for sure.

11. This looks sooo good! I love baked potatoes especially w/ sour cream Mmmm… I will definitely be trying this :)

12. Heidi C. says:

This recipe sounds delish! Love the addition of marble cheese. Must try!

13. I so want to try this recipe soon; I love baked potatoes.
    thanks for sharing

14. My sister often makes twice baked potatoes when the family gets together but I’ve never tried making them myself. This recipe looks delicious!

15. These look really yummy!

16. this is seriously the best recipe i’ve seen anywhere.

17. Christy Martin says:

This would be a perfect recipe to compliment our family BBQ’s where we tend to run out of room on the grill. We tend to have lots of salads, but not a second hot dish. Kids would love it and it would be fairly easy to prep ahead of time.

18. Elaine Buonsante says:

I love baked potatoes too, but this version sounds like a deluxe version; can’t wait to try it!

19. kathy downey says:

I’ve never made twice baked potatoes before but I will now

20. Kristen V says:

These look and sound delish!

Trackbacks

1. […] been talking a lot about Bacon recently.  I just posted a delicious recipe for Twice Baked Potatoes with Bacon, and I already mentioned the #NeverWasteBacon Twitter party happening tonight!  But I have one […]