Hair Bow Board

“The Hair Bow board”, what a fantastic idea! This is something that every little girl needs if they have tons of hair bows that can never be found. With the bow board you can see all the hair bows and don’t have to waste time looking for them.

MirandasHairBowBoard

To make your own hair bow board what you will need is a canvas that has a wooden frame (you chose the size), material to cover the canvas, ribbon (again you choose the size and the number of ribbon that you want on your board). You will also need a staple gun and staples. Now here’s how to do it:

1) The first step is to cut your material to the size of your canvas, here I am using an 8×10 canvas. Then lay the material under the canvas,  make sure the material on the front is facing with any designs facing out. Flip the canvas so that you are looking at the back of it.

2) The next step is to staple the material to the wooden frame of the canvas. I folded the material so that you can’t see where it’s cut, then I stapled it onto the wooden frame of the canvas.

IMAG1745

3) The corners are little tricky, there are many different ways that you can do them. The easiest way to do it is to fold it like you would if you were wrapping a present, then staple it. Make sure the material is stapled in lots of places around the wooden frame.

4) The next step is to decide how many pieces of ribbon you want on your board, then cut them to fit make sure you have enough ribbon to go from one side of the frame to the other. Then you staple the ribbon on the wooden frame in the places that you want it. Because I am the way I am my ribbon is two inchs apart, I measured and marked before I stapled it on. You can put the ribbon on any way you like. This is how mine looked when it was done.

IMAG1751

This is another one that I  made that is a 12 x 16 inch canvas.

IMAG1622

There are so many ways that you can create this with different sized canvas, materials with different designs, and ribbons of different sizes, colors, and designs.

Have fun creating!

179 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 1 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 126 StumbleUpon 52 179 Flares ×

Comments

1. What a great idea!! I have a ton of hair clips that, like you said, you can never find when you are looking!

My one, maybe silly, question is: Stapler or staple gun?

This is adoroable and not too difficult to make!

Thanks, this would make a great gift for some family next Christmas!

ty

nancyrobster at gmail dot com

3. Stephanie LaPlante says:

That is such a good idea! It would definitely prevent misplacing or losing them.

This is so creative and aesthetically pleasing!

5. Stacey L says:

Great idea thanks for sharing. I’m going to have to make ones of these my daughter just started wearing hair clips this would work great to put them on.

6. I love this idea s my daughter’s hair accessories are just in a bowl and we are always loosing one from a set!

7. This is such a great idea! Cute to look at and a great way to display all the hair clips too.

8. so adorable – i have a feeling this will be a must-have in the coming months;)

9. This one is so cute, I would find the use for it if I had a girl. My niece got something like this after she lost so many her hair accessories.

10. I am always losing and looking for hair things. This is perfect and thanks for the steps too.

11. Debbie Bashford says:

Oh what a great idea!

12. Cute! any idea on how to organize handbands?

13. Thanks for sharing i want to make one for my daughter

14. great ideas

15. This is so pretty and practical! My daughter has quite a collection of hair clips, and this would be a great way to keep them at her fingertips. Right now they are just in some mason jars but this way she wouldnt have to dig through the jar to find what she wanted!

16. This is such a great idea, my niece would love this.

17. Judy C(Judy Cowan) says:

What a great idea! Will have to try and remember this idea, would be fun to make my niece one of these for Christmas next year!

18. That is very cute and will make a great addition to any little girls room

19. Tricia Hope says:

What a sweet idea,gonna do this for my grand daughter for sure!

Trackbacks

1. […] Our contributor Miranda (who now has her own blog at lovelifesimplified.com) was tired of searching for hair bows for her three girls!  She made this fantastic Hair Bow Board! […]