Saving For Disney – Week 6

Winter is a hard time to try and save money.  I cannot even begin to tell you just how hard of a time I’m having.  Though I do have a bit saved up, it’s torture not dipping into it… It’s too cold to play outside, and paying to heat this house is insane.  But, when I have a goal in mind I just keep on plugging away at it.  I know that come spring, it will be much easier to put those pennies…er..um…nickles away (I forgot, we don’t ‘do’ pennies anymore) in the bank.

In the mean time, I keep doing what I can to keep the excitement live within me.  I find myself visiting the Disney site daily…planning out the things I want to do, the parks I want to double up on.  What Character meals I want to enjoy.  I have also found myself browsing the Visit Orlando site.  While in Florida we may want to spend a day sight seeing, and adventuring.  Did you know you can get a personalized e-brochure from Visit Orlando?

I just got mine, and there is so much to do in Orlando!  As I sit here and freeze, I know that come this time next winter I’ll be enjoying the sun, the fun, and Disney!

So how have you been doing?

Are you on track?

Is your weekly amount working for you?

I have breeched $200 – which is far away from my total…but still, it’s something right?  I’m looking forward to that first $1000 saved.  That will be a huge milestone and I’ll be thrilled when that finally happens.

In an attempt to boost my savings, I’ve been hunting for ways to save money on groceries.  This is our second largest monthly expense and the only one that I have control over.  I recently download a few apps that give you money back on the groceries you buy.  These are Canadian apps, and I’ll be sharing them in a post this week.  So keep watch for that!

I’ll bet you’re wondering who won that Disney Prize Pack!  Well, the winner has been contacted!

Congratulations!

Suzie M

I hope you enjoy these fun Disney treats!

4 Flares Twitter 3 Facebook 1 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 StumbleUpon 0 4 Flares ×

Comments

I haven’t been joining you, but you should be so proud! I know it seems like your total is still far away, but you’re getting there!

2. I think you’re doing a great job so far. It’s always hard to get started, but once you see a bigger amount saved up, it’ll motivate you to keep going and will probably build faster. So looking forward to hearing your reach your goal!

3. I am not saving for a Disney trip but enjoy reading your posts regarding it. And congrats to Suzie too!

4. Congrats on your progress so far! It is very inspiring reading your posts and getting ideas on how I can save for a trip!

5. leah leitch says:

The key is don’t give up on your goal. You’re doing awesome.

6. You are doing a great job saving, at least you can say you started. We want to go to Disney next year too.

7. saminder gumer says:

this sounds like a great trip and i hope you are almost done saving all you need.

You’re doing a really good job saving money for your trip! Congrats to you and I know you and your family will have a blast when it happens!

9. Frequent reminders of my goal – why I’m saving – is a good way to keep up my motivation. Especially when the goal seems so far away! Does blogging about it help motivate you?

10. holly messana says:

it is fantastic that you have set a goal and you are doing this for your family, i think i will start doing this for us as well. we love disney

11. it is very hard to save money. You are doing great. Yes, please share those Canadian apps that give you money back on groceries I have never heard of this before

12. it is very hard to save money. You are doing great. Yes, please share those Canadian apps that give you money back on groceries I have never heard of this before.

13. Every little bit counts. And don’t think about it as saved money – once it is put away it is GONE, vanished, finished and not to be used for anything else.

14. I’m saving for disney too…sounds like you’re on the right track. Doing better than I am!

15. I can’t wait for my daughter to be old enough to take to Disney

16. Cheryl (@loucheryl) says:

You are doing really great and it seems that you will be on your way to Disney very soon. I didn’t know that I could get a personalized brochure from Visit Orlando. Cool!

17. Debbie Bashford says:

One way I save is I do not own a cell phone other than the one that can only call 911 and it runs on a single AA battery. So money I would pay for that and the data and the texting goes into a savings account every month.

18. nicoleroannef says:

I’m not saving for anything at the moment but I am trying to keep my costs down. It is difficult in the colder months but the public library has been great for free entertainment. I’ve found a few good movies and there are events and sometimes even passes to attractions that you can borrow for free.

19. thank you for keeping me motivated in allocating savings. it’s important to treat vacation as you would a rainy day fund!