Our children are growing up in a world so different from our own. A world where chalk boards are no longer used, smart boards are the new chalk boards…lessons come from websites, directed by teachers, and a computer is the new #2 pencil. The world has changed, dramatically. I remember when my high school got all new computers, and the seinors weren’t allowed to use them… We were told that it was too late for us to learn the new technology.
Oh, how wrong they were. They had no idea then, what life would be like now. Nearly everyone has access to three or four screens in their every day lives…from their smart phone to their interactive tv, a tablet then their laptop…some have even more. Screens are the way of life now.
My own children are no exception. From the time they could sit up they’ve been using screens. My eldest son, going into grade 2 can use our tablets better than I can. The knowledge of how to use them just seems to come naturally to them. So when the Blackberry Playbook 2.0 showed up at my door, I handed it to him. He had it booted up and was using it like he’d had it for years.
Here are some of the Key Features of the Blackberry Playbook 2.0 that I have found very helpful.
- Built in email, calendar and contacts
- Supports HTML5, Adobe and Flash
- Improved App Capability through android app capability ( I was surprised by the amount of apps available!)
- Documents to go – Print to go (very helpful when I’m trying to work away from my laptop)
- New Blackberry Bridge Technology – This kinda rocks.
- BBM – When tethered to your smart phone, you can use BBM
- Kids Doodle: Let your child freely doodle on the BlackBerry PlayBook – it’s addictive and highly entertaining!
- Kids ABC Letters: This easy application will help your kids learn the alphabet including letter names, shapes and recognition!
- Story Time: Story Time for Kids is an interactive kid’s story book app with high quality graphics and audio recorded by children in a professional studio!
- Farm and Fun Kids Games: A funny farm where children will enjoy many classic games that keep being everyone’s favorites.
10 years and older
- No matter where students are heading this fall, roaming charges can cause phone calls and text messages to get expensive. Skip the fees by using BlackBerry Messenger on the PlayBook; it’s the perfect way for the family to stay close without anyone’s wallet having to suffer.
- Kobo App: Stay on top of English homework by reading en-route to fun extra-curricular activities – the PlayBook is small and lightweight, making it perfect for reading at home or on the go.
PlayBook can make mom and dad’s life easier too!
- Cozi Family Organizer: Cozi helps busy families stay on top of everything they do: track appointments and activities, remember shopping lists and chores, and keep everyone in sync.
- Parenting and Baby Handbook: The Parent and Baby Handbook provides answers and advice from the world’s most renowned books on parenting. Search any parenting, baby and toddler issue, and get credible answers straight from the top selling books which have been paraphrased into this app!
Aside from these apps, my eldest loves the games. He’s a big MineCraft player, and there is a World Craft app that he can’t seem to get enough of! It’s like Minecraft lite, and when we’re out and he’s bored, that is the app he always turns to.
I have a Blackberry Playbook 2.0 32G to give to one of you! You can take it to school, to work… or use it solely for entertainment. What ever the use, I’m sure you love it as much as I do. To enter to win your own Blackberry Playbook, just follow the steps in the form below!