How To Make: Easy Decorative Bulletin Board

Skill Level:  Easy

Time: Less Than One Hour

Supplies:  Cork board/sheets, old picture fame you love (big), fabric you love, cardboard, glue (hot or really tacky glue) staples, scissors, utility knife, ruler.

Instructions:

1.  Measure the opening in your frame, from the back side of the frame. You need the cardboard cut out to fit into the frame, as a picture or mat would. Measure and cut out your cardboard, make sure it fits into the frame well. Hint:If you still have the original cardboard backing that came with the frame, you can omit this step.

2. Cut your cork board to fit inside the opening of the frame, from the front.  About 1/4 inch smaller all around than the cardboard was.  Hint:  If you lay your frame on the sheet of cork, you can just trace the opening right on the cork.  Center and glue the cork to cardboard.

3. Measure your fabric, it should be 1.5 inches bigger around than the cardboard, to allow the fabric to be wrapped around the back of the cardboard and glued/stapled into place.  Make sure to pull the fabric tight when attaching it to your cork/cardboard.

Insert into frame.

All Done!

Yes, it really is that easy!

Gallery

94 Flares Twitter 36 Facebook 7 Google+ 1 Pin It Share 43 StumbleUpon 7 94 Flares ×

Comments

1. Amy Brown says:

cool idea!

2. Do you have a Facebook fan page for your site?

3. Leah Leitch says:

Great idea. You could change the fabric to suit different decor or when you get bored. :)

4. Carol Denny says:

Love this idea. You can use any frame size.

5. Love this Idea My Daughter could use something like this in her room

6. great idea, I have some very old curtain material, that I just can’t give up, even though it is too small for anything. This will be perfect for.

7. what a great idea!!

8. I’ve seen these with ribbons added on to keep hair clips. I never realized it was this simple. Thanks!

9. will try this

10. Great idea!

11. Wow! This is so simple! Thanks for the great idea! This would be the perfect way to add custom ‘art’ to a room..

12. That is super easy!! Thanks for sharing. I can’t believe I never thought of it myself. Can’t wait to try it. The boys’ room definitely needs a bulletin board.

13. Cheyenne P says:

Sweet!! We could very much use something like this to keep things from getting misplaced. I had no idea it was so simple to make one at home! Thank you!

14. What a cute idea, and a nice way to use those old rummage sale frames I cant stop buying lol

15. lori butler says:

great idea, I love this :)

16. Belinda McNabb says:

What a great idea and so easy! This is the perfect craft for my son and I to do together and give as gifts to family members.

17. Laura Jacobson says:

Oh that is so cute and easy enough that I could do it! LOL! Oh so cute!

I’m going to go down to the Sally Ann and find a great big frame! I can’t wait to make one for myself and I think I’ll make these for my kids for next Christmas!

Thanks

RAFFLECOPTER NAMEor
    is
    Anne Tayl

19. Sabrina T says:

I really like this idea, it could give a dull room a vibrant punch. It’s a great idea if you’re decorating a room based upon a fabric pattern and to have a hanging swatch reminder :D

Very simple and original!

21. Cheryl (@loucheryl) says:

I want to make one of these for my son’s room!

22. I finally had a chance to make this bulletin board, but changed it up a bit. I made a magnet board for my boys. Used the same technique but I pulled a piece of fabric over a metal board and stapled gunned it at the back. The boys love it! Thought it was safer with magnets than pins for my boys.

23. i should do this always wanted one now i can do it myself :)

24. I love all the craft ideas you have. So easy even I could do them

25. Debbie Bashford says:

what a great way to use an old frame!!

26. i just painted an old cordboard – looking for a stencil to finish it :)