Avoid The Sugar Rush This Easter

Or, at least mildly try to defer it into some creative fun.

This Easter why not think out of the box and instead of filling all of those eggs with chocolatey treats, try some PlayDoh instead!  If you haven’t done your shopping yet (Only 2 days left!!) these are a great filler for those over sized baskets!  Now, I’m not saying omit the chocolate all together, no egg hunt is complete without a chocolatey treat at the end.  But instead off all things chocolate, lets switch it up a bit this year.

My kids (at least my oldest) is always looking forward to the Easter egg hunt this time of year.  He loves the candy, the chocolate, the spring toys that usually show up this time of year.  But this year I struggled with ideas.  He already has badminton rackets and horse shoes, jumping ropes and sidewalk chalk.  I really didn’t know what to get for him.  Ben has always leaned to the artistic side though, so new crayons and markers, and a lot of Playdoh will make his Easter exciting!

I enjoy using Playdoh for treats for more than just Easter.  (I use those fab mini Playdoh containers at Hallowe’en too) Anything that helps nurture my kids creative side is ok with me!

Among other things, this year our Pirate themed Easter egg hunt will have some fabulous treasures!  Including lots of pastel PlayDoh eggs, even some Playdoh characters…and this fun Mr Potato Head!  He’s Easterriffic!

How do you avoid the chocolate rush over holidays?  I’d love to hear your ideas!

7 Flares Twitter 6 Facebook 1 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 StumbleUpon 0 7 Flares ×

Comments

1. saminder gumer says:

i will try, but there are so many good candies to eat during this time. love them all. i love the easter egg hunt with the kids. it is so fun to watch them look for the eggs and see how excited they are when they find them.

2. Sabrina T says:

I agree holidays aren’t all about the sweet treats I’m the no-fun Aunt whom gives the kids toothbrushes to go along with their Halloween candy… nope not a dentist LOL

3. Debbie Bashford says:

2 days!! Where the heck has my head been, had no idea it was this weekend, thought I was doing good that I know to turn the clocks ahead this weekend, heading out the door to do some shopping

4. Debbie Bashford says:

woops, nope it’s (Easter) not till the last weekend in March, geesh thank goodness lol I was a bit paniced there for a minute.

5. For gifts we normally give summer clothes, not chocolate

6. Olivia L says:

My daughter gets candy and chocolate in her basket from grandma, so we give craft supplies, a colouring book, or stickers instead.

Great ideas to take some of the junk food out of Easter while still keeping it fun.

8. Love the playdoh idea. I usually don’t fill eggs with chocolate but instead with stickers and a few small trinkets.

9. Cheryl (@loucheryl) says:

My son LOVES Playdoh! Thanks for this idea.